Sing before breakfast with Vilma & Buddy Ebsen ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sing before breakfast with Vilma & Buddy Ebsen

Here is a video clip with Vilma & Buddy Ebsen doing a tap dance routine in a number called Sing before breakfast. Follow the link to learn more about them. Eleanor Powell is also tapping with them.



The clip is from the movie "Broadway Melody of 1936" from 1935. Did you know that Buddy Ebsen was supposed to play the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz but he got sick from the makeup which contained aluminium powder.

What do you think of this video clip with "Sing before breakfast" with Vilma & Buddy Ebsen and Eleanor Powell? Tell me.

2 comments:

Valeriannah said...

So Thats what that "man named Jed" was doing before he was "shooting at some crude"!
Great post, great song. Think I'll go sing before breakfast, and coffee.
I used to be a tapper. Makes me want to do it again.

Unknown said...

Aloha Henrik,
the Sing Before Breakfast clip was just right. I had picked up a Tap history book and read that Vilma said, when they were on the stage and she stepped in a hole or made a mistake, Buddy never mentioned it later, he'd just ask, where do you want to eat.

I'm sitting around with a sore foot, not from dancing, from a centipede sting and I google Ebsen and came to your site.
I think Buddy's routine with Shirley Temple was a delight also.

thanks,

Liz Martinez, Hawaii