Twentyfour Robbers: Skye and Frida at UHLS 2007 ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Twentyfour Robbers: Skye and Frida at UHLS 2007

Last week at the Friday night dance at Uppsala Winter Camp I djed the late shift which meant: after the band stopped playing and until there were no people left on the dance floor.

I told the dancers that I was happy to take specific requests if they had any. Most times when you ask dancers what they like to hear, they answer: "Good music". Hmm. Then you ask: Ok, what tempo? Answer: "Just right" (In Swedish: Lagom). Not much direction to talk about.

I did get one request: "Twentyfour Robbers" by Fats Waller. Unfortunatly I didn't have it in my cd bag right then. Sorry.

The request was inspired by the video clip with Frida Segerdahl and Skye Humpfries dancing in a contest at the Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown 2008. Take a look at it.



Frida and Skye really makes the most out of this song, they acknowledge all the highlights in the music and their dance matches the dynamics in the song wonderfully. On top of that they also use the floor space very well. No wonder they won the competition.

What do you think about Frida Segerdahl and Skye Humpfries dancing to Twentyfour Robbers by Fats Waller? Tell me.

No comments: