Nkiru at Katalin: Upcoming concert ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nkiru at Katalin: Upcoming concert

Nkiru, winners of Youth Jazz Contest. Photo: ©Henrik Eriksson. The jazz group Nkiru will play at a concert at Katalin and all that jazz on Saturday the 24th, 14 o'clock.

Nkiru won the Youth Jazz Contest held by Uppsala Jazz Club in November last year and the first prize was a gig at Katalin.



The band plays in a modern jazz style and cites Wayne Shorter and Don Cherry as their inspiration.

Band members (left to right): Andreas Larsson (drums), Niklas Fernqvist (bass), Jakob Gustavsson (saxophone) and Alexander Zethson (piano).

This is not the kind of jazz I usually listen to, so attending the concert is a way to expand my horizon.

The photo is taken by me and may not be used elsewhere without my permission.

Have you heard them? What do you think? Tell me.

No comments: