The best compliment a swing dj can get ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Monday, February 5, 2007

The best compliment a swing dj can get

I haven't posted anything the last couple of days because I've been busy doing all sorts of things at the Uppsala Winter Camp, Swingkatten's annual camp with lindy hop and balboa.

About creating energy
Mostly I was in charge of the of the lighting during the evenings and the dinner show at Saturday. I also put together a small light show for the presentation of the instructors Saturday morning. The idea was to give the teachers a rock star welcome and create some energy that would give the camp a good start. I think it went well considering that there was not much time to brief the instructors what was going to happen. If you were there, please tell me what you thought of it. If you happen to have a video clip of it I would be very thankful if you could send it to me.

Saturday night was a blast, the band Phontrattarne was really swinging with a full big band sound. I was inspired by them when I djed the late night shift.

The best compliment
A person that I really respect as a dancer and person came up to me after my set and I got the best compliment a swing disc jockey can get:

"I tried to leave but you kept playing such good music that I had to stay another song, and another, just one more song... Now I will be too tired for tomorrows classes. It's your fault! Thank you!".

Keeping people on the dance floor even though they are too tired, that is one of my ambitions when I dj, when they do, I know I must be doing something right. Creating energy on the dance floor is what it's all about. Hearing comments like that is what keeps me djing.

If you were at the Uppsala Winter Camp and have comments about the songs I played I would be very interested in hearing what you thought of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want your set list, because it was grejjjjt! I got home around 2 am though.