Cats Corner: Advice for beginning dancers ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cats Corner: Advice for beginning dancers

Balboa dancers at a Cats Corner at Uplands nation. Copyright: Henrik Eriksson. The photo may not be published elsewhere without written permission.
On Tuesday David Kågedal and Jonas Pettersson shared the dj duty for the night at Cats Corner. Songs to mention: David played "One-Two-Three-O'Lairy" by Count Basie. (Jonas also played a nice song by Artie Shaw but I already forgot the name, I have to take notes!) Update: the song was "Summit Ridge Drive" från 1940.

It's good to see that a lot of people are coming out and dance, especially the beginners, I had a nice dance with A. who were there for her first time. Dancing with H. was a blast as always.

Amberlynn over at Dance Primer continue to write cornerstone posts that every beginning dancer should read:

Why You Shouldn’t Wait To Go Out And Dance
10 Successful Strategies to Get Others to Ask You To Dance
Relax, Nobody is Watching You

The photo is taken by me and may not be published elsewhere without my permission. Contact me if you want to license it.

What are your advice to beginning dancers? Tell me.

No comments: