New swing djs in Uppsala ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New swing djs in Uppsala

Jonas Pettersson provides advice to the new swing djs at Cats Corner: Frida Samuelsson and Susanne Karlsson. Copyright: Henrik Eriksson. The photo may not be published elsewhere without written permission.

Last tuesday three new swing djs made their debut at Cats Corner in Uppsala: Susanne Karlsson, Frida Samuelsson and Mats Fröberg.

It's great to have new people to dj. As a seasoned dj you might think that you have heard most swing music, but then a new person comes along with new stuff that you never heard.

Susanne Karlsson: a new swing dj at Cats Corner. Copyright: Henrik Eriksson. The photo may not be published elsewhere without written permission.

Today we have about 6-7 swing djs in Uppsala, which is quite a difference to four years ago when I was pretty much the only swing dj in town.

Mats Fröberg: a new swing dj at Cats Corner. Copyright: Henrik Eriksson. The photo may not be published elsewhere without written permission.

The photos are taken by me and may not be published elsewhere without my permission. Contact me if you want to license them.

Tonight there is "Duke Ellington night" at Cats Corner. Be there!

Did you hear the new swing djs last time? What did you think of them. Tell me.

2 comments:

Button said...

I didn't hear the DJs, as I'm in the States, but I just wanted to say that Mats has DJed before here in America in several places in the Southeast (notably Knoxville,TN, where he was living/dancing for a while). I always enjoyed the music he played, especially the Swedish gems he would find and showcase for us. I hope ya'll enjoy him as thoroughly as we did (and we still miss him, by the way)!

Henrik said...

I'm sure we will hear more of Mats.

Thanks for commenting, Breanna.