It's time to celebrate. One year has passed since I started this blog. Time flies when you're having fun!
It's time to sum up what has happened. Here is a list with most popular posts.
Most popular posts:
- Interview with Cynthia Millman, co-author of the autobiography by Frankie Manning: Frankie Manning: Ambassador of Lindy Hop. The most important book in the swing dance world was finally ready.
- Christina Aguilera - Music video: Candy man. Christina Aguilera realeased an album inspired by the 1930's-1940's and this video clip from the song Candyman had many references to the swing era.
- Nikki Yanofsky sings Airmail Special like Ella Fitzgerald.
The young singer Nikki Yanofsky knocked out everybody with her singing. I think she has a brilliant career ahead of her. Also don't miss the video clip where Nikki Yanofsky sings Evil Gal Blues.
- Interview with Ralph Giordano, author of Social Dancing in America
I did an in-depth interview with Ralph Giordano who wrote two volumes about social dance in America. The best thing about the books are that they not just talk about the dance it self but also the social environment where dance dance was created.
Part 1: How come you wrote a book about social dancing in America?
Part 2: Which dances do you write about in the book?
Part 3: Can you share some interesting facts about Lindy hop?
Part 4: Do you include Balboa in the book?
Part 5: Tell me about the next book you're writing: Satan in the dance hall
Part 6: Contents of volume one 1607-1900
- Video clips and photographs
Equally popular were the pages where I collect all the posts that have video clips and photographs. Both are visually very important to this blog.
If you just recently discovered this blog, I really encourage you to look the archive. There are a lot of gems hiding there. Also check out 5 tips: how to get the most out of this blog
What was your personal favorite post the last year? Tell me.