Cleveland Eaton + Count Basie + Kansas City 5 ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cleveland Eaton + Count Basie + Kansas City 5

I'll continue the theme with superb jazz double bass playing: Today it's Cleveland Eaton on the double bass when he played with Count Basie & Kansas City 5. What a line up in that band: Roy Eldrige, Zoot Sims and Duffy Jackson.



Cleveland Eaton has a bass sound that I haven't heard anyone else have, it's a kind of thick and full sound, very groovy. Man, I love it!

I like this clip because it first displays the quality of each player and the bonus comes in the last minute of the clip when the musicians play at the same time, the amount of energy they pump into the song is unbelivable. You just got to dig it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you can sit still to this music you better see a doctor.

If you like this video clip (I can't image that you don't) you'll also like Cleveland Eaton playing along with Count Basie and Ella Fizgerald in One O'clock Jump.

What do you think of the video clip with Count Basie and the Kansas City Five? Tell me.

3 comments:

Ferrix said...

Very groovy indeed. Thanks for the video, I'll definitely search him out for some tracks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post. Cleve now has a website and myspace page. Visit it at http://www.clevelandeaton.com

Janet
Webmaster
ClevelandEaton.com

Henrik said...

Janet, great to have you here :)