Mills Brothers sampled in Bathtime in Clerkenwell ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mills Brothers sampled in Bathtime in Clerkenwell



I first heard the song "Bathtime in Clerkenwell" by The Real Tuesday Weld a couple of years ago in a commercial on tv and it was Per Starbäck who identified it for me. I then discovered that the scatting vocals in the song are sampled from the song "Sweeter than sugar" recorded by the Mills Brothers on September 12th 1934.

You can find the song "Sweeter than sugar" on The Mills Brothers Vol 2 from the label Giants of Jazz.

The video clip with Bathtime in Clerkenwell (found on the album "I, Lucifer") is quite surrealistic, but I think it's very nicely done.

What do you think of the music video for "Bathtime in Clerkenwell" by The Real Tuesday Weld? Tell me.

No comments: