Hey Mr Jesse: January 2008 ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hey Mr Jesse: January 2008

The third year of the podcast Hey Mr Jesse starts out great, normally the show is about 60 min long, this time it is 80 min, packed with good swinging music. See the show notes for Hey Mr Jesse January 2008 for all the details.

Download the January show of Hey Mr Jesse (mp3, 55 MB)

Jesse Miner does a tribute count down of Oscar Peterson songs, since Oscar Peterson passed away last month.

He does an interview with Pete Petersen from The Pete Petersen & The Porkpie Septet. It's great to hear that there are new swing songs being written as well as new arrangements of jazz standards.

Jesse & Manu also kindly features some of my comments and tips:

First, there is the great music video with Ondrej Havelka and his Melody Makers playing Beat Me Daddy Eight To the Bar.

When they talked about street band last podcast I had to plug my favorite street jazz band: The Lost Wandering Blues & Jazz Band.

Here is a video clip with The Lost Wandering Blues & Jazz Band playing Tilly Brown that I haven't seen before. This is totally their style of music (but I prefer an acustic guitar).



At last, they also talk about Bernard Berkhout, the band leader of 4beat6, that I tipped them of in the last episode. Here is a video clip with 4beat6 playing Airmail Special at a concert.



See what I wrote about previous Hey Mr Jesse shows.

What do you think of the January 2008 podcast of Hey Mr Jesse? Tell me.

No comments: