Hey Mr Jesse: November podcast with Nikki Yanofsky ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hey Mr Jesse: November podcast with Nikki Yanofsky

Copyright: Henrik Eriksson (henrik@floyfloy.se). The photo may not be published elsewhere without written permission.


The November episode of the podcast Hey Mister Jesse is just released.

Hey Mr Jesse is a great monthly podcast where the swing djs Jesse Miner and Manu 'Spuds' Smith talk about swingin' music that matters to dancers.

This episode they got an interview with the Canadian jazz singer Nikki Yanofsky who just released her first album. Take a look at what more is in the show: read the show notes for Hey Mister Jesse November 2008.

Download the November 2008 episode of Hey Mister Jesse. (~50 MB, mp3)

This is my mail contribution to the November podcast:

Since I celebrate my 10th anniversary as a lindy hopper I'd like to highlight one of the songs that I associate with learning lindy hop.

The song is "Three Cool Cats" with the Swedish band Jump4Joy. The band is led by Ulf Sandström (a great boogie woogie piano player) and "Mighty" Bo Gustavsson (on tenor sax).

Their website can be found at:
http://www.jump4joy.se/

I also celebrate my 500th post on my blog. Jeez, that's a lot of posts!

One of the best videos that I've featured on the blog is of
Ina Ray Hutton and Her Melodears playing the song "Truckin" where Ina Ray also taps.

If that video don't get you in a good mood, you should probably see a doctor.

Take a look at what I've written about the previous Hey Mr Jesse podcasts.

What do you think of the Hey Mr Jesse November podcast? Please comment.

No comments: