Benjamin Ricard and Geneviève Kérouac swingin' effortless ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Monday, November 10, 2008

Benjamin Ricard and Geneviève Kérouac swingin' effortless



Take a look at the video clip above where Benjamin Ricard and Geneviève Kérouac dance in the American Lindy Hop Championship (ALHC) 2006 in the open showcase division.

They took 1st place and no nobody needs to wonder why. Their dance routine seems so effortless and relaxed which tells me that it must have taken lots of hard work to make it look that way.

The song is "Swingin' The Blues" but what orchestra plays it? I haven't heard this version before.

What do you think of the video clip? Please comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben and Gen are such fabulous dancers! I took a workshop Gen was teaching in Ottawa last year (with a different partner), and she's an equally excellent teacher :D

Ryan Swift said...

It's Count Basie, that version is on the Ken Burns Jazz Basie CD.

Anonymous said...

I'm friend's with someone who is related to her, how cool is that?

Anyways, awsome vid, I might try to use this to help me get better at Lindy Hop.