Martha Tilton - "A Little Jive Is Good For You" ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Martha Tilton - "A Little Jive Is Good For You"





Martha Tilton sings in this soundie from 1941 called "A Little Jive Is Good For You".  The soundie is set in the waiting room outside a doctors office with the hilarious Slate Brothers as patients. The music is by Ben Pollack and His Orchestra.

What do you think of Martha Tilton singing "A Little Jive Is Good For You" ? Please comment.

2 comments:

gypsykat said...

This is wonderful. I only know her from Benny Goodman's "And the Angels Sing". Great song, wonderful video.

Dk said...

I have always been fond of Big Band music and it is strange that I had lived my whole 55 year life oblivious of the name Martha Tilton. Then one day in 2008 I was checking out some assorted videos on YouTube and I ran across this video "A Little Jive Is Good For You" - WOW. I immediately wanted to know who was this MARTHA TILTON. I was amazed that I didn't remember hearing of her name and that I had lived my whole life not listening to her great voice. Well I guess I will tell you I think the video is Timeless and Martha Tilton was an entertaining genius. No more Heavy Metal or Rap (metaphors only) for me because Martha Tilton recorded enough music to last me many more years. I was never a good dancer, two left feet, but this song makes me want to get up and jive.