Rose Murphy - Busy Line ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rose Murphy - Busy Line



Rose Murphy had a very special voice and she had a habit of inserting her catch phrase "chi-chi" into songs, that's why she got known as the as the "chi-chi girl".

In this video clip she sings the song "Busy line". If you want to hear her actually singing her trademark phrase "chi-chi" you should check out her version of "I can't give you anything but love".

What do you think of Rose Murphy singing Busy Line? Please comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to have
heard Rose Chichi Murphy in person
at Barney Josephson's The Cookery
in Greenwich Village in the early
70's and was wowed by her.
Paul Licitra

Unknown said...

I first heard this song when I was very young(I am now 71) and found I could impersonate her which has made a lot of my family laugh. I think she was fabulous.

Sandra

DonQ said...

I love Rose Murphy,s voice and this song is beautiful. One of her wonderfully unique songs is Button Up Your Overcoat which she sang beautifully.I will always remember her for this.