Man, That's Groovy with Jimmy Dorsey and Helen O'Connell ~ Swing, jazz and blues - Dance to the music

Friday, March 30, 2007

Man, That's Groovy with Jimmy Dorsey and Helen O'Connell

A while ago I wrote about a PBS documentary about soundies. In the trailer for the documentary I spotted a soundie that I really liked: the song Man, That's Groovy with Jimmy Dorsey and singer Helen O'Connell. Enjoy this video clip.



In "Man, That's Groovy" Helen O'Connell sings about the slang words used in the 1930s called jive talk.

All the cats are solid senders and especially Jimmy Dorsey when he takes off with his clarinet. Helen O'Connell is a solid canary and this song makes me want to be a rug cutter. Jack, do you collar this jive?

If that last paragraph was hard to understand, you should check out Cab Calloways jive dictionary.

What do you think of this video clip with Jimmy Dorsey and Helen O'Connell? Tell me.

No comments: